Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Tick tock... Time waits for no one.

UPDATE!!


I currently have a huge dilemma. I am at a very high risk of missing my next Remicade infusion and I don't know what the consequences of that might be. On Monday this week I called like usual to schedule my appointment for the following Monday the 6th and very unpleasantly found out that my Doctor was no longer practicing at that office. He had left to go to a new clinic. This put a very big kink in my plan. When I had my follow up appointment with Dr. Petty the Surgeon that saw me in the hospital at the beginning of September we made a plan that I would get my last infusion with Dr. Tobin in Seattle and then be seen by a new Gastro, Dr. Huang in Puyallup. The reality now is that Dr. Tobin is gone and the new doctor may not approve my infusion with out first seeing me in clinic which he is booked out for weeks. The other problem is that Dr. Huang is booked out until November 5th. This makes me so frustrated and full of stress. When I get stressed and feel like I am basically SOL I cry a lot. It just breaks me down.

The evening of my last post I was admitted into the hospital, 9/4/14. It was Game night, the Seahawks were playing the Green Bay and we had friends over at our house to watch the game. That whole week I had been feeling terrible and had just had a reaction to my antibiotic. As the game was getting over I was sitting on the couch so that I didn't cause my self any pain from sitting in certain positions and noticed that my belly button had an itch. When I went to scratch it I felt wetness. My mind immediately went into WTF mode and I got up calmly and walked into the kitchen to see in the light what exactly was going on. I looked down and there was yellowish colored pus coming out of my belly button. Being that this had never ever ever happened before I started to freak out. Now all the sudden I realized why my belly button had been hurting so much for the last week. I had an abscess in or around my belly button!!!! Robert had already started to follow me into the kitchen and by the time I figured it all out he was there asking me what was wrong. My eyes already filled with tears I showed him. He asked it I wanted to go to the ER and I said yes. He calmed me down and told me to pack a bag. (because we both knew where this was going to end...me in a hospital bed). So that is what we did. I packed a bag said bye to my friends and we drove over to the ER in Puyallup.

My IV. My old friend.

 I was seen by triage and waited for a room in the ER. Once in there I told the doctors my history, which by the way is so tiring. Every time I go somewhere I have to re tell my whole life story almost. I am not a talker so it is really not fun for me. I had a CT scan and the images were seen by the ER doctor. He made the decision to admit me and I went up to a room around 12-1 am. Dr. Petty was assigned to be because they first thought that they were going to need to put me under and drain the abscess that I had. Dr. Petty is the most awesome doctor. I wish he were a gastro so that I could see him all the time. He told us that I had two lovely abscesses. Not only the one that I have been dealing with in my Colon/Uterus/Bladder region but also a very small one had developed in my belly button. First he said that he might want to have radiology do some kind of procedure but I have been and done that kinda thing and I never want to do it again especially since your awake for the whole thing. The second idea was to take antibiotics and GET TO GO HOME! I was on the going home train already. Two nights in the hospital is enough for me. So that is where I was left. I went home and took 2 weeks worth of antibiotics. My follow up with Dr. Petty was good and now I am in this predicament of not knowing if I'll be able to get my Remicade.

Luckily I have located Dr. Tobin and am going to see if he will approve my Remicade and maybe I can get it done somewhere in Bellevue where he is located now.

Wish me luck that I can in fact get him to at least approve the infusion with in the next week.

So good news came last week. I called to reach out to Dr. Tobin and I was able to talk to his coordinator. Interestingly last wednesday was his first official day at UW in Bellevue. The coordinator was so nice she worked really hard for me to get my infusion approved for Today 10/6. I am so happy that I didn't have to delay my infusion and I get to stay on track. Thanks to anyone who did wish me luck or sent good vibes, prays etc. It all worked because today I go in at 12!! 


Love you all XOXO!

No comments:

Post a Comment