Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Poop

I wanted to continue my trip down the digestive tract into the bowels to finish up the symptoms that I have felt over the years. I talked in my last post about the horribly painful cramps that I would experience in my stomach. The problem with those cramps is that they would continue all the way down my intestine. The pain would travel with what ever food I ate that was terrorizing me. It feels like your body is trying to digest needles and as they are working there way down your small intestine they are stabbing you. It is slow and lasts for an hour or two sometimes if you count the time it spent in the stomach. The pain caused me to be immobile. I would never move because the more I moved or tried to massage the area the pain would increase. There was nothing I could do. I took two to three time the recommended dose for Ibuprofen.  Later I learned that Ibuprofen is actually more harmful and that I should never use that kind of pain killer. But at the time I would take 6-8 pills at once to try to dull the pain and it wouldn't do a thing. It was very frustrating.

Sometimes gas would accompany these cramps depending on what foods I ate. The gas was actually very painful. It felt like I was passing a baseball and I could feel it moving. When I had an obstruction it was 100 times worse because that baseball was trying to move through a space the size of a pencil. Feels like your insides are being torn apart. To say the least its a terrible experience that was a daily struggle.

The last thing that would happen in this area was that I would have for a good 2-3 years straight was Diarrhea. Every day. Every time. This is extremely abnormal and should have been a concern to me. And yes it was but I was scared of the diagnosis. I don't know what really more I have to say about this because we have all probably had diarrhea at least once. Except most the time we ate something that was not completely cooked or we got a bug and were sick. Mine was everyday of my life no matter if I were sick or well. No matter what I ate. It sounds as bad as it was really. One thing that I never had to deal with but many people with Crohn's experience is incontinence. I am lucky that I have always had control over that.

The longer this went on the more I would research my symptoms. Crohn's always came up on my WebMD symptom search and that made me so scared. I didn't want to have a life time incurable disease. I was like the monkey "Hear not evil, See no evil, Speak no evil." If I didn't talk about it and pretended that it was temporary then it wasn't real. Well it was 100% real and my lack of motivation to seek help caused me to deal with a really bad situation. Probably the worst thing that has ever happened to me in my whole life. I will elaborate later.

I didn't want to get to graphic about Poop to gross anyone out because I am sure that you all can use your imagination well enough. Maybe some time in the future I can go into graphic details.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment