Thursday, February 14, 2013

Whats that feeling?

One of the things that would keep me at home on a Friday and Saturday night were the horrible symptoms that affected my stomach. I would frequently (like almost every meal) feel nausea and stabbing pains.

Nausea plagued more then most of my symptoms. When I would eat anything I would get nauseous. I could feel sick for hours after eating. I don't know why this would happen. I began to notice that certain things would make my more naseaus then others. I saw a pattern with dairy items. Things such as milk, ice cream and when I would eat pizza with meat, cheese and heavy dough. I haven't had milk or ice cream in a year and a half. I haven't had pizza in about a year or more. I miss them dearly but it is not worth making my life hell. It hard to deal with but its also easy in comparison to the other thing that happened to me a the same time.

Along with nausea comes the most painful symptom of all which is the cramping. Now if your a lady its highly likely that you have had menstrual cramps. They may vary from light to intense. The cramps that I had were everywhere in my abdomen and they were so bad sometimes it felt like I was being stabbed by tiny knives by a hundred tiny ninjas. There was nothing that would get rid of them that I had in my medicine cabinet. I would be doubled over in pain after dinner every night. I missed my best friends birthday party, I missed weekend trips to the coast. I would just want to lay in bed or on my couch and try to distract myself with the TV whimpering to my fiance about how much it hurt. Those were the bad times. Cramping ranged from moderate to intense. Moderate cramping was tolerable like menstrual cramping. My cramps are pretty bad and I have been use to that for years. Those times I would be able to go places and do things but more often then not I would opt to stay home because that is where I was most comfortable. I would miss hanging out with my extended family for many months. I missed out on a lot of things for a year of my life that I was stead fast of just dealing with one day " it would go away". Story of my life.

I would give anything to not have to experience those days again. Right now I don't have any of these symptoms and I am very Thankful! That also means that I won't celebrate this Valentines Day like most of my friends and other couples out there. I will be cooking at home, not eating chocolate or candy. These are the small sacrifices that I have to make to not feel those cramps or nausea again.

No comments:

Post a Comment