Friday, February 22, 2013

You know its Friday when....

I wanted to share a video I made of me giving myself a Vitamin B-12 injections.

My Crohn's affects the part of my intestine that absorbs B-12. I can't absorb it from foods so I have to inject myself with it. I just started doing this about 4-5 weeks ago. I have one more week next week and then I only have to do it once a month.

This is the most nerve raking experience. The moment before you poke yourself with the needle is pretty scary. I sometimes sit there for a few seconds saying 1.., 2..., 3... ok 1..., 2...., 3...... and poke. It makes me laugh a little after because I've done this a few times now and I know what to expect but it is just as scary as the first time.

But in all honesty its not that bad and when the doctor does it for me I can't even feel it at all. So with out further ado here for your viewing pleasure is me very nervously going through the steps... forgive the lack luster performance, its my first video.








No comments:

Post a Comment